The Bad Elf GPS gets rave reviews from the most demanding customers in military, commercial, and private aviation. More and more blue water and freshwater marine enthusiasts have chosen the Bad Elf GPS for their adventures. Add a high performance GPS and voice guided turn-by-turn application with the included upgrade of the CoPilot street navigation app for your iPod touch, iPad, or iPad mini.
- Instantly add GPS & GLONASS location support to your iPad Wi-Fi or iPod touch device with Lightning Connector.
- High performance 66-channel WAAS enables GPS provides latitude, longitude, altitude, speed, and GPS track.
- Accurate to 2.5m (9ft) up to 60,000ft and 1,000mph.
- Quickly acquire satellite lock without cell tower assistance. Hot start time in as little as 2 seconds.
- Sleek design, great fit, and an internal LED that does not protrude from the case.
- Plugs into the iPad/iPod touch either way. And because the passthrough charging cable socket is on the side, you can direct the charge cable to either side of the iPad/iPod touch.
- Built-in micro-USB port allows for pass through charging while in use.
- No internet connection or monthly subscription required.
- Download the free Bad Elf app from the App Store for firmware updates and device configuration.
- Includes free upgrade to CoPilot Premium app for voice-guided turn-by-turn vehicle navigation support.
- 2.5m (9 ft) positional accuracy with MTK chipset
- 66 channel GPS & GLONASS Receiver
- WAAS compatible, SBAS/EGNOS/MSAS support
- Up to 10MHz sample rate
- Lock times: 2s (hot), 15s (warm), 33s (cold)
- Size: 1.1” x 1.1” x 0.25” / 28mm x 28mm x 7mm (WxHxD)
- Weight: 0.3oz / 8g - full package 3oz / 85g
- Bad Elf GPS & GLONASS Receiver for Lightning Connector
- 3 ft (1m) micro-USB cable for pass through charging
- detachable keychain lanyard
- iPod touch - All versions
- iPhone 5
- iPad (4th generation)
- iPad Air
- iPad mini
Posted by Gerardo Gorria on 4th Feb 2015
Excellent satellite acquisition and reception, works great.
Posted by Joe on 25th Aug 2014
I already owned one for the older ipad and was very pleased with it. Used for 2 years. This one for the ipad mini has worked just as well. The device is transparent as it operates. No different that any other stand alone GPS system..