Compatible with all versions of the iPad Mini! The iPad Kneeboard mini Folio™ is the perfect high quality leather, rotating aviation kneeboard, lapboard and everyday case for your iPad mini. Now you can bring an iPad with you into the cockpit of any airplane, train, car or truck where it can be held secure on your knee and lap. High quality, rich leather wraps the outside while soft and protective micro-fiber material lines the inside. The iPad is held by a form fitting rotating cradle that your iPad simply clips into. All of the ports and controls remain accessible so the iPad can be charged, synced and controlled when it is in its case.
The iPad Kneeboard mini Folio™ was designed for the demanding and exacting needs of pilots and the cockpit environment, and available for all. It is designed to accommodate all preferences for how you like to use it - both right and left hand, attached to the right or left leg, as a traditional kneeboard with the on the outside or as a lap desk. The cover can be wrapped fully around the case so that only the iPad is available on your leg for those cockpits or spaces that have minimal space. The choice is yours. Any way you choose to use it, your iPad will be secure in its place.
Also available for full-size iPad 2/3/4 & Air.
The iPad Kneeboard mini Folio™ was designed for the demanding and exacting needs of pilots and the cockpit environment, and available for all. It is designed to accommodate all preferences for how you like to use it - both right and left hand, attached to the right or left leg, as a traditional kneeboard or as a lap desk. The cover can be wrapped fully around the case so that only the iPad is available on your leg for those cockpits or spaces that have minimal space. The choice is yours. Any way you choose to use it, your iPad will be secure in its place.
The versatility of the Folio allows it to transition seamlessley to the cabin of your boat. The desk stand option is perfect for using the iPad at the helm, giving the perfect view of your navigation and position information. In the galley use the iPad to display cookbooks and recipies when cooking for yourself, or the whole crew. The strap and rail functionality will allow the iPad to secure to your leg when seated and keep the iPad stable on your leg in rough seas.
The built-in stand feature enables you to prop your iPad at almost any angle on a table or other flat surface. A low slant is perfect for reducing wrist strain while typing on the iPad on-screen keyboard. A higher angle gives you a perfect position for watching movies or photo slideshows or when typing with a wireless keyboard. When the stand is not needed it stores neatly against the case and turns into the case's closure system. This keeps the front of the case closed and your iPad screen is protected when not in use.
Remove the strap and you have a beautiful every day case to hold and use your iPad - one investment in a case can be used as a kneeboard/lapboard and as a protective case both.
Posted by Ken Finlayson on 17th Sep 2014
I received the MyGoFlight IPad mini kneeboard in a timely fashion approximately two weeks and was pleased by the quality of the product. It is quite an expensive item, but this is the best IPad mini kneeboard that I have found. I use it on a daily basis.
There are a few options that I would like to see upgraded or added. They are as follows:
1) the magnets holding the metal clipboard to the leather case feel like they are not strong enough. That being said, my clipboard has not fallen off yet.
2) there should be at least one outside pocket to put papers or a notepad into.
3) a built in pen holder should be attached horizontally across the top.
4) the metal clipboard should have slots in the sides to be able to slide the Velcro knee strap thru and use it as a stand-alone item, should you not need or want to use the leather case.
Despite these points, I am generally happy with my purchase.
Posted by Unknown on 3rd Jul 2014
better than advertised
Posted by Bryan on 24th Jun 2014
Love my mini Folio C. Carry it with me all the time. Very nice professional looking iPad case. Couple of suggestions.
1. If the clipboard is not going to be a standard mini legal pad size (8 x 5), can you make blank notepads for the clipboard to purchase. I either have to cut down a mini legal pad or use a large pad of ruled post it notes. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place for notepads that nicely fit the clipboard.
2. No pen / pencil holder. This is really a nuisance. The magnets work ok on the clipboard to hold a pen if you can find an all metal pen. But they don't work that well. Had several nice pens go missing from the magnets. Ideally, I'd like a detachable (optional) caddy that hangs from the right edge that can hold a couple pens, mini mag light, etc. Detachable so when I'm not flying, it's not on the iPad. The minimalist option would be to throw loops in the elastic that could hold a pen or two.
3. ID/Business card window inside. Maybe a couple.
Just some thought to ponder. Would certainly buy it again.
Thank you Bryan- We are working on various new case models all the time. In fact, another aviator wanted a pen holder, so we now have them for sale. We thank you for your ideas and suggestions. Please look for improvements in our future products.
Posted by Jonathan Rauch on 5th Sep 2013
Just bought an Ipad Mini and this is the perfect kneeboard! The Ipad is secure in the clip and the clipboard is great for holding a pad and checklists. Highly recommend it!!
Posted by Unknown on 1st Sep 2013
Everything is as advertised but I was shocked that there is not an aperture for the camera.
MGF Team: Thank you for your note. With the benefit of the rotating cradle, the iPad mini can rotate to use the camera with the Folio.