Yoke iPad Mount
The iPad Jet Mount - Universal is for pilots who want to yoke mount their iPad on a chart holder or other smooth flat surface.
This mount comes with a Sport™ Adapter with RingO mounting system to allow the user to easily rotate the iPad from portriat to landscape. Also gives you the ability to quickly disconnect the iPad from the mount while leaving it in a protective and stylish case. An adjustable tilt plate adds flexibility in how the iPad is positioned. The iPad can tilt up to 15 degrees and can be positioned up and down approximately 1 inch.
The iPad must be in either the Sport™ or Sport™ NR case, purchased separately, which then attaches to the Sport Adapter.
The Sport Mount - Universal is secured to the smooth surface on the yoke with high strength 3M RP16, adhesive used in the aircraft industry to attach parts without screws or bolts. This ensures secure mounting that is installed without tools, yet is removable if necessary. Thus, no STC is required.
The Sport Mount - Universal works great on TBM, Pilatus, Beech Jet, and other airplanes that have a smooth surface on their yoke for adhering the mount.
iPad Sport Mount - Universal.
- This is an aluminum plate with Sport Adapter and tilt pad that secures directly onto smooth surfaces via peel-and-stick adhesive.
- The tilt pad can be positioned up or down on the mounting plate.
- These adjustable components and the tilting capability gives the pilot a lot of positional flexibility.
- The included Sport Adapter allows the iPad to be easily snapped on and off the mount and allows the iPad to be easily rotated in landscape and portrait modes.
- Made out of a lightweight, high strength, aluminum and plastic composite materials.
Included Components & Dimensions:
- Aluminum mounting plate and high strength RP16 adhesive pad.
- Sport Adapter on tilt plate
- Attach Sport case to Sport Adapter
- Position on yoke. Note placement of Universal Mount
- Detach case from mount
- Remove protective paper from the four adhesive disks
- Secure the mount to the yoke for 5 minutes for the adhesive to set
- Mount is secure and ready for use after 90 minutes.
- To remove, place a flathead screwdriver into the slot on the side, and slowly peel the mount from the yoke. (Note: May require the assistance of at hair dryer or a heat gun to loosen the adhesive.)